Wednesday, January 22, 2014

It's ok to crave!

God made me to crave! This has been such a relief to learn & sink into my heart depths. I was made to crave Him. It's when I start craving other things more than God that my life gets twisted. I've been going through the Made To Crave online Bible study with Proverbs 31 & it's been such a blessing! Did you realize Jesus Himself gave us an example of how to deal with temptation? So did Eve in the Garden of Eden...except hers wasn't focused on God.

Eve focused only on what she wanted. She didn't look away. Satan had convinced her through her craving, her eyes, & her value that indulging in this would be eternally satisfying. Jesus, on the other hand, focused solely on God. He replaced Satan's twisted truths (or lies) with God's Truth! He overcame!

I've personally struggled with this for years & always thought cravings were horrible...like a ball & chain that I could never get rid of. What about you? What do you do when you crave that junk food, or that next new gadget, or that next promotion?? What thoughts go through your head & what actions, if any, follow??

No comments:

Post a Comment