Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Christmas time is here!

So...it's been a year almost since I posted on this blog. Sheesh! Time to get crack-a-lackin' on this! :)

It's 2 days until Christmas Eve. The weather here is nuts...one day it's cold...the next day it's warm enough to wear shorts. But, crazy weather is normal around here. Needless to say, it doesn't feel like Christmas in regards to the weather! :)

One thing I've noticed myself getting caught up in is comparing our household to others. This year we get the blessing of having one of my stepsons here for Christmas which is awesome! Seems we're more focused on love & giving this year than lots of presents for the kiddos which is great, but man, it's hard not to focus on that when you see trees in other households that are full of pretty wrapped presents. The Holy Spirit has kept this verse in my heart:

"Let us not grow weary in doing good for in due time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."
Galatians 6:9

What an awesome promise, right?! Straight from The God of the universe to me & you! :) God doesn't want us comparing our situations to those of others. We have no clue what they've went through to be in the position they're in, so to compare & be jealous or want what they have would mean we'd have to go through what they have to be there. Umm...no thanks! Sometimes I think my life is pretty rough...until I hear another's story!

God wants us to be content with where we are (Philippians 4:11-13). That can be difficult when it feels you work so hard & have very little (or so you think) to show for it. This Christmas I can be thankful that I get to teach our kiddos about the importance of giving & we get to show them lots of love...love that may be scarce coming from others. :) So smile! Even if the kids don't get a lot of "stuff"...give them a lot of LOVE! That lasts so much longer than the stuff does! :)

Photo credit: Jennifer Woodruff (2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment