- You can use regular notebook paper, printer paper, or have a journal specifically for this activity.
- Set an alarm on your phone/computer/tablet/whatever that will go off every hour, 2 hours, however many times daily you want to do this. My alarm on my phone is titled "Joy/Prayer/Thanks" so I know what I'm to do when it goes off. :)
- When the alarm goes off & if possible, stop what you're doing for a moment & think about these 3 things... What is joy to me? What can I pray for right now that I need right in this moment? What am I thankful for right now?
- Write these down with the time of the day.
- At the end of the day, go over all you've focused on all day. :)
This has really helped me stay focused on God & what He's doing in my life rather than focusing on the junk/negative that can cause me to drown. I pray you find encouragement & God-strength as you embark on this journey. :)